Sunday, April 19, 2015

Sunday, Apr. 19; home; 0 miles today; 0 day; 0 m gone / 2,185 m to go; 0 mpd.

I have decided to use the trail name that Coltyn came up for me. I have tried it on myself multiple times and it sounds good. It is Dusty Papa. Papa because I have such great grandchildren. Dusty, who is the lead airplane in the Disney movie Planes, because I am a pilot. So, when talking about my great adventure of hiking the AT, just call me Dusty, or for my great kids Papa.

I have come up with the title for my posts. I plan to do a post every day. Here it is:

Day of week, date, name of location, day on the trail, miles hiked for day, number of miles hiked/number of miles to go, , average day speed. Anything else needed, like number of rain days?:-). Here is an example:

Friday, Feb. 26, Sherman Water Falls, 10 days, 160 m gone/2,025 m to go, 15 miles, 16 mpd.

That gives a good summary. The contents will give more details, experiences, troubles, and my feelings. I do not yet know how often I will be able to post to the internet, but I am guessing at least weekly.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment