Sunday, June 30, 2019

Monday, June 17, 2019 and Tuesday, June 18, 2019. Travel back to Hanover, NH and AT.

Traveling back to the trail was an adventure in itself. All went well. I flew Delta to  Boston, MA. I left SLC at midnight and arrived in Boston at 6:30 am. After brushing my teeth and fleshing up I road the silver line bus to the train and bus station. I had to wait for three hours before my Greyhound bus left for Hanover, NH. I worked on my blog for while I was at home. The bus ride was 2 1/2 hours. No problem, I was still very tired from not getting much sleep from the night before. 3 hours only on the flight. I got into Hanover at 1 in the afternoon. Had a great time. I had a wonderful dinner at Molly’s bar and grill. 

Dartmouth is in Hanover. Dartmouth is an Ivy Lease college. It is the ninth oldest college in the US. Dartmouth is celebrating it’s 250 year anniversary this year. So, when was it established? If you came up with 1769 you are correct. The city was chartered in 1761. See picture below. It is a beautiful, small, well kept town. There are a lot of restaurants and shops. I am sure the college keeps it alive and young.

I rode around on the local free bus service to see the area. It also covered West Lebanon. They are located on the forest. Beautiful.

Pictures:

1 & 2. Sunset Motor Inn where I stayed.
2. Plaque on city hall.
3. Salad I had. Excellent. Main course of scallops was also great. I have it tough on the trail. 😥.
4. Plaque on the wall in the restaurant. I am guessing it use to be the hotel. The building 
was old enough that it could have been around at that time.
5. Signs of Dartmouth.








No comments:

Post a Comment