Monday, May 23, 2016

Mon., May 16, 2016, Home, getting ready and traveling to Tri-Cities Airport.

Posted out of date order. Sorry.
 
I had to stay home through Monday so I could go to the doctors. I finished packing my food and pack. Linda drove me to the airport at 9 pm. Linda was very helpful. I wouldn't have got ready in time without her help.
 
My pack weighed 23.3 pounds without fuel, 1 lb., water, 3 lbs., and food, 10 lbs. When I am ready to put on my backpack I expect it to weigh a total of 37 to 38 pounds. That is 21% of my body weight using 180 pounds. I am happy with that. My only concern is my left shoulder. It hurts to put on my backpack. Once on, it doesn't hurt.
 
The flights were wide open. The planes were only 1/2 full. Both to ATL and TRI. In SLC I was number 24 on the standby list. Before I retired I would have been number 1. This non rev when retired sucks.
 
I am excited to be going back to the trail. I am not completely sure I should go back. I guess I have butterflies. Time will tell.. I am also concerned that my toughness that I built up has all melted away. I am afraid I will have to go through blisters and soreness again. Time on the trail will tell!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment