Thursday, May 26, 2016

Wed., May 25, 2016, Day 43, Power lines 5.5 miles south of Pearisburg, VA, 19.0 miles, 2.28 mph, 629.5 miles / 1,538.5 to go.

New trail names: Beast. Burnham, Dragon A__.
 
Another day. Starting to feel warm. By the end of 19 miles I was very tired and my heel really hurting. The day before, at Dismal Creek, I was able to soak my feet in the ice cold water which made them feel better, and invigorated me. Unfortunately, not today.
 
I was hoping to not put up my tent tonight and sleep under the stars. No such luck. The bugs are out and pesty. I needed my escape from them.
 
Tonight I camped on top of a hill. Beautiful view.
View from where I camped.
 
Today as I was walking down the trail I looked up and there stood a full size doe deer. I think we both saw each other at the same time. We both froze. After about 15 seconds she bounded off into the woods. I am seeing a lot of deer tracks on the trail. It was exciting.
 
Shoes still hurting my heels.
 
In Virgina I am seeing many of these survey marks.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment