Thursday, May 26, 2016

Sun., May 22, 2016, Day 40, Laurel Creek, 21.0 miles, 9 hours 15 minutes, 2.27 mph, 582.9 / 1,585.1 to go.

A tough day. Fifth day on the trail. 21 miles took its tole. My feet are hurting. They swelled today. My left heel is hurting a lot. I have to figure it out.
 
I did 21 miles today so I would be close to Bland. Bland is 7 miles away. I want to get there early to maximize my near zero day.
 
New trail names: Bighorn. Dolcel (lady) it is a musical instrument.
 
I am in my tent. It has started to rain. I have been lucky the last two days. I had my tent set up before it started raining. It wasn't raining when I took it down this morning. Hope it stops tonight.
 
Good camp area. Lot of hikers. Many are going to Bland tomorrow.
 
I missed not being in church today.
 
Laurel Creek
 
I soaked my feet in the creek. Heaven!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment