Thursday, May 26, 2016

Thur., May 26, 2016, Day 44, Pearisburg, VA cemetery, 5.4 miles, 2.08 mph, 634.9 miles / 1,533.1 to go.

Short hike today into Pearisburg, VA. I got there about 9 am. Had plenty to do.
 
On the trail I saw a new color of flower. I believe it is still a Rhododendron.
 
Very Pretty
 
Here is a view from Angels Rest above Pearisburg.
 
 
 
Today I sent home over 3 pounds of clothes. My rain coat and pants. I bought a poncho. I died from heat when I wore them. My camp slippers. I don't need them now with my trail shoes rather than boots. My fishing shirt. Got another under armor light weight shirt. Also my leg extensions for my hiking pants. Only shorts now. I might get some of them sent back in the fall. I am excited about the lighter weight and more room in my pack.
 
I also ordered some new shoes. Same company, different style. Thicker and more cushioned sole. I also bought some Dr. Schoals heel pads. Hope they help till I get my new shoes.
 

1 comment:

  1. Clothes washed and put away. Extra food taken out of boxes, with Cambria's help. Waiting for mailing address. I am guessing the flower is an Azalea?

    ReplyDelete