Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Fri., Jun 3, 2016. Day 52, Tentsite at mileage 749.8, 22.3 miles, 10 hours, 15 minutes, 2.18 mph, 749.8 / 1,418.2 to go.

New trail names: Teton.
 
Lot of miles, but that is okay after a zero day. I ended up all by myself in a secluded campsite. I even walked by it for .2 miles when I checked my GPS to find it. That sucked hiking .4 of a mile extra after already hiking over 22 miles.
My own secluded campsite. It was wonderful to be by myself.
Look who I found sitting in the trail. I saw another doing the same thing down the trail.
Maybe trying to get out of the wet grass.
 
It was great camping by myself. Little concerned with bears though. A shelter down the trail is closed because of bear activity. No problems occurred.
 
This afternoon a very large thunderstorm went over. I pulled out my ground cover for my tent. I found a good rock to sit on. I put my pack next to me and pulled the ground cover over me. I stayed there for one hour as it went over. I even fell asleep for a few minutes. I stayed dry. I felt very good about being able to hand the situation.
 
I mentioned the bug bites I have gotten. Since mosquitos are out I am not sure what they are. They welt up larger than a mosquito bite, and create a white head like a pimple. A local told me they look like chigger bites. I just wish they would stop itching. I am putting Benadryl on like lotion, all over. Do you think that anti-itching cream really works? You couldn't prove it by my :-).
 
Ł
Seeing a lot of frogs.
Passing through a farm. The beauty is wonderful.
This is a wonderful world, and Virginia is a special part of it.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment