Thursday, June 2, 2016

Wed. , Jun. 1, 2016. Day 50, Daleville, VA, 25.8 miles, 10 hours, 50 minutes, 2.39 mph, 727.5 / 1,440.5 to go.

Today I slacked pack. That means that I had my pack shuttled to my destination. I carried a little day pack with water and lunch. I did more miles than I would with a pack. I didn't speed up any, but wasn't as tired at the end of the hike.
 
Since I was wearing trailer runners I decided to run when going down hill. It went well. I tripped and fell once. Fortunately, no major damage. Couple small cuts on my palm and wrist. A scratch on my face, which didn't bleed. See picture.
 
 
I shared a room with Crusher. He also slacked pack with me.
Crusher. Nice and sharp young man.
 
I met a lot of sharp young people who had just graduated that were hiking the trail before starting their careers.
 
McAfee Knob - The prettiest view of Virginia
 
 
 
 
Tinker Cliffs. Let's repel
 
We let another hiker, Beast, who couldn't afford a room stay with us. It worked out okay, but I do prefer being by myself.
 
Roanoke in background.
 

1 comment: