Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Tue., Jun. 7, 2016. Day 56, 2 miles up the hill toward Bald Knob from US Route 60 near Buena Vista, VA, 3.8 miles, 3 hours, 48 minutes, 2.1 mph, 808.1 / 1,359.9 to go.

Yesterday I decided to go home. I felt I shouldn't do any more damage to my feet. I may have already injured them permanently.
 
I hiked till I got phone reception with Elma at Three Springs Hostel. Marsha, her partner, was able to give me a shuttle ride to Charlottesville, VA. It cost me $118.00. I hiked back to Route 60, 2 miles, where Marsha picked me up. I spent the night there, and then flew home the next day.
 
When returning to Route 60 I passed Bear. I offered him my Shipment of food that Marsha was binging. He accepted. He came back to Route 60 where I gave him 6 days of food. I had a box shipped to Three Springs Hostile.

No comments:

Post a Comment