Thursday, June 2, 2016

Tue., May 31, 2016. Day 49, Four Pines Hostel, Catawba, VA, Zero Day, 0 miles, 0 hours, 0 minutes, 0 mph, 701.7 miles / 1,466.3 to go.

New trail names: Rider.
 
I am being forced to take a zero day because some new shoes are being shipped here. My mistake. I should have them shipped to Daleville which is two days out. Oh well.
 
This place is pretty bad. They have made a 3 car garage into a big open area. There are a lot of old couches. There is one bathroom with a shower for over 50 people. One guy, Eddie, is a shuttle driver and maintainer of the hostel. He is very busy. He also does your laundry if he has time. I will be glad to move on. Everyone is friendly and understanding. Went to the gas station, min mart. Got a quart of milk. Left in fridge. Someone drank part of it. I guess they figured it was there for their use. Hope they don't have any sickness I get.
 
 
 
I put up my tent rather than stay in the garage "hostel".
 
This is a great example of an experience of the trail. Though I would never come to a place like this it is neat to be part of it. There are all kind of people here. For example there is a nice female couple. I met them earlier on the trail. Elway and Wonder Mouse. They are married. I had a conversation with them about this years election, and even touch a little on religion. Wonder Mouse was raised Mormon. She had a necklace from here grandmother which had a hand holding an iron rod.
 
Lets you get many different views of our world.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment