Thursday, June 2, 2016

Sat., May 28, 2016, Day 46, Laurel Creek Shelter, 17.3 miles, 9 hours 5 minutes, 1.90 mph, 672.6 / 1,495.4 to go.

Slow day. Two big climbs and my left heel is hurting.
 
New trail names: Prometheus, Maine Maniac.
 
Ran across some trail magic about 2/3 of the way through the day.There was also fresh fruit. I had a banana. It was so good. Just that morning I had been thinking about getting some fruit. Trail magic is definitely a wonderful part of the hike. Maybe some time in the future I can come out for a week to be a trail angle and do trail magic. I bet Linda would like meeting the hikers as they came through.
 
DANG! Saw my first mosquito. The only good think was that I got him before he got me. Any way I think I did.;-). I already have plenty of bites from other flying creatures, and they itch!
Salamander
Beaver dam and home
Beautiful Virginia farm country
 

No comments:

Post a Comment