Sunday, May 19, 2019

Sun., May 12, 2019. Headed home. 1,1195.5 / 996.5 to go.

It is forecasted to rain hard today and tomorrow. Boarderline, caretaker for the 501 shelter, offered me a ride to Harrisburg, PA. So, I decided it was better to head home now rather than hike for 3 more days. That meant I didn’t break 1,200 miles, or 400 miles this trip. I felt bad about that, but am okay with it. I am glad to get home sooner, which I believe will get more done at home, and get me back on the trailer sooner.

Boarderline recommended that I start my hike in Hannover, NH. Hike south to his location. Then return to Hannover and start hiking the White Mountains. I will research it and consider it.

He gave me a ride to Harrisburg airport. I rented a car. Went and did laundry. I stayed at the Radison Inn. It is a very nice room. I got a good price through priceline.com. Priceline messed up my stay date, but the receptionist figured it out and corrected it. Thank goodness.

I traveled home the next day, May 13th, on Delta through Detroit. I got on both of the first flights and was in SLC about 10:30 am. It was tight. I got the last, or second to the last seat out of Detroit. I thought I would be in Detroit all day.


No pictures. We have all seen plenty of airports. :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment