Thursday, April 7, 2016

Fri. Apr. 1, April Fools Day, Day 22, Flint Mountain Shelter, 17.9 miles, 8:20 hours, 2.16 mph, 306.4 hiked / 1,861.6 to go.

Someone wanted to see pictures of the inside of a shelter. Here are some pictures from the Little Laurel Shelter at mile 293.3.
 
Food bags hanging cables for beer protection
 
PRIVY sign
THE WONDERFUL PRIVY. It is very cold at 0730 on a windy below freezing morning
 
I past a hiker named Journeyman. He is from Nashville and went home for a couple days. He is starting back up again. He said he left his wife this morning with her crying.
 
Journeyman said there are 90,000 blazes on the AT. Remember that blazes tell you that you are on the AT. See previous posting about them. So... That means there are 41 per mile, or 4.1 per tenth of mile. I think some times that is true. Other times not so sure. So far, I don't think there are that many.
 
I met a brother and sister. Rob and Claire. They are about 24 and just graduated. Nice kids. They do not have trail names. They are moving fast. I was surprised to hear they started one day before I did. I guess my speed is okay. I told Claire about my new grand daughter and I thought princess would be a good trail name for her. She didn't respond.
 
Some tough trails
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment