Thursday, April 14, 2016

Wed., Apr. 13, Day 34, Massie Gap (500.1 miles) to Saunders Shelter (478.3 miles), 21.8 miles, 9 hours, 50 minutes, 2.22 mph, 490 hiked / 1,678 to go.

A beautiful day for hiking. The trails for the most part were pretty good. 21.8 miles was a long hike. I was very tired when I got to the shelter. It was a lot of effort to make dinner. After dinner I was cold and couldn't get warm. I just hurried and got into bed I was asleep before it was dark.
 
While hiking I caught a root with my left boot. It ripped the top open. See final summary about boots for picture.
 
At Grayson Highlands State Park there are wild ponies. They are wild in the sense they roam. They are not wild in the sens of being mean, or timid of people.
 
 
 
A crack I went through. After I went through I found the trail actually went around.:-).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment