Thursday, April 7, 2016

Sun. Apr. 3, Day 24, Erwin, Tenn., Uncle Johnny's Hostel, 16.9 miles, 7:30 hours, 2.25 mph, 342.2 hiked / 1,825.8 to go.

Erwin, TN as I am approaching
From Erwin, TN Katahdin 1,822.4 miles.
 
I was planning on spending a zero day in Erwin, but thought it would be nice to spend the night in a bed. At Uncle Johnny's hostel they had a cabin with private bathroom. Ghost Walker showed up as I was talking about available rooms. We decided to share the cabin. It was great.
 
Ghost Walker in kitchen of cabin
 
They had a shuttle that took 11 of us to WalMart and restaurants. There was a Mexican and Italian. Only two of us choose Italian. That was tinker.
 
Tinker is a wonderful delightful person. He is retired. He has a special skill to fix things. At his work he would fix the smallest items. He is an electrical engineer. He gets his name because 100 years ago a person would go from town to town fixing items. Kitchen pots were made out of tin, so they think that is why these repairmen were called tinkers. Thus his name.
 
Tinker
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dad, so I enjoy seeing your pictures :) I thought that I was caught up on your blog's, but then I went back and saw that I had missed a couple posts.

    Question, sorry if you have already posted this, but do you have a trail name yet? Love cam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dad, so I enjoy seeing your pictures :) I thought that I was caught up on your blog's, but then I went back and saw that I had missed a couple posts.

    Question, sorry if you have already posted this, but do you have a trail name yet? Love cam

    ReplyDelete