Thursday, April 14, 2016

Sat. Apr. 9, Day 30, Dennis Cove Rd (Stayed at Black Bear Resort), 12.4 miles, 5 hours 15 minutes, 2.38 mph, 418.2 hiked / 1,749.8 to go.

It did snow last night. The ground was completely covered. We walked all day in the snow. I did another short day. It was a very cold day. The trails were easy. I made good time.
 
 
 
 
 
Right next to Black Bear Resort is a great looking stream for fly fishing. They catch rainbow and brook trout out of it. Fisherman are a big part of the resorts business.
 
I stayed at the Black Bear Resort because the temperature is forecasted to be 19 degrees F tonight.
 
Nomad - We shared the room at Black Bear Resort. Another person, Ghost Rider was to share the room, but didn't show up. He went to another hostel.
Black Bear Resort.
 
The heater didn't work very good in their cabin. Two nights with poor heat. Can't believe it. This cabin had a bed, but no sheets. I had to sleep in my sleeping bag. I shared the room with Nomad. He has that name as he doesn't have a home, or anything. He recently got divorce. His wife took their real estate business in Coeur d'Alene, ID.
 
Trails are still good and I am making good time. My feet and boots are still slowing me down. Pack is feeling good and not to heavy. I can tell the difference between new food supple and an empty food sack.
 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dad, I think you mentioned that you are thinking of waiting to buy boots at home... But what if you bought boots at a store in one of the towns you stop at???

      Delete