Tuesday, March 8, 2016

EQUIPMENT LIST

Here is my equipment list. The format didn't come over exactly the same, but close enough.
 
Couple notes. When I checked the weight of my pack with water and the first week of food it came out 34.6 pounds. I was excited. I had hoped to have a 35 pound, or lighter back pack. I did a 6 mile training hike today. My pack carried well and stayed in position. It didn't slip, or wear any where wrong. I was happy for that. Hopefully it will stay that way for 2,000 miles.
 
I left several items behind that I know I will miss along the trail. The first was my red fleece. It weighs 1 pound. I will be okay while hiking, but a little chilly in the evenings and mornings. Since I am leaving 3 weeks later than planned I am sure I will be okay. I do have a very nice light weight down coat.
I am also leaving behind a key board for my iPad. I hate typing on the key board that pops up on the iPad. It is missing so many keys. As one example is a tab key. How in the world are you suppose to tab with the iPad key pad?
Next I left behind my trecking umbrella. It is very light and made in Europe where they do a lot of trecking. It weighs about 1 pound. As my son, Tyler, said I don't need any stinking umbrella. The thru hiker I talked with said out of 170 days on the trail he had 107 days of some kind of precipitation. I might be cursing my wise son as I am hiking in a down pour wishing I had my umbrella.
One item that I am taking, that I almost left behind, but Cambria wouldn't let me is my PLB, Personal Locator Beacon. It weighs 3/4 of a pound and feels like a rock. I will carry it all 2,000+ miles. My only satisfaction will be when I make my kids carry it on their trips. They and their mother are insisting that I take it, for the just in case situation which will not happen. There are grave warnings in the instructions to only use the PLB only if no other course is available. I wonder if death is one of the other courses they are talking about.:-).
 
 
EQUIPMENT LIST
 
 
GENERAL
back pack
back pack rain cover
food bag & straps
watch Wear
compass Wear
whistle Wear
maps
water bladder
cash $300. Carry $100. $100 for driver
driver's license
credit cards Visa, America Express, ATM, Delta ID
insurance card
paper & pencil
CAMPING
tent, stakes, & poles
tent repair kit
ground cloth
sleeping bag
summer sleeping bag In future
sleeping pad
head lamp
umbrella
rope - 50 ft
knife with scissors
FOOD EQUIPMENT
stove Optimus Crux
fuel - 2 small canisters 110g. Arrange for driver to buy.
lighter - 2
back up matches - 12
cook kit Optimus Terra Weekend HE
utensils - spoon/fork
soap campsuds, 1/4 oz. container
towel & cleaning cloth
water filter sawyer mini
water pumping bags - 2
Water utility bag
garbage bags - 1 small white
garbage bags - 1 large black
CLOTHES
boots
leg gaiters
shoes - camp
pants - zipper off leg wearing
shorts wear & swim
shirt - long sleeve wearing
shirt - t shirt, underarmor
bandanna cotton.
neck gaiter red
hat - full brim
beanie - fleece hat
liner socks - 3 pair
outer socks - 3 pairs
underwear - 3 pairs
base layer, pajamas
sleeping socks
leather gloves
jacket
fleece liner ? Didn't take
rain jacket
rain pants
reading glasses
bifocals - night
sunglasses - bifocals
mosquito head net
Rain cover for hat
TOILETRIES
towel - same as food
toilet paper
tooth brush
tooth paste
dental floss
comb Carry
soap - same as food
chap stick - lip balm
deodorant
poop scoop - trowel
sun screen
insect repellent
Desitin
FIRST AID & EMERGENCY
neosporane
Alcohol towelettes
6 badaids
first aid tape
razor blade
first aid pads - sterile gauze
second skin for blisters
mole skin
Aleve (Ibuprofen)
Benadryl
Cramp pills
water purifing tablets
sewing kit
safety pins
Tenacious tape
rubber bands
sharpener, fire starter
hand sanitizer - fire starter
PLB - pers. locator beacon
tweezers - remove ticks
pliers
consecrated oil
ELECTRONICS
iPhone
iPad
reading material on iPad
backup battery
charger
USB-mini usb cable
USB-iPad cable

No comments:

Post a Comment