Friday, March 25, 2016

Monday, Mar. 21, Day 11, Creek near Walker Gap, 18.0 miles, 9:08 hours, 1.98 mph, 162.0 hiked / 2006 to go.

It was a beautiful morning with the fresh snow.
 
Tough day. I felt more tired than I did yesterday. My body is doing good, though my feet felt extra sore.
 
It was cold. Even though I used my water bladder for breakfast when I went to take a drink while hiking it was frozen. It took 2 hours for it got thaw. I was just about going to stop and take it out of the pack to fix it when it's freeded up.
 
I choose to hike 18 miles today so tomorrow I would only have to hike 15. I could have done it the other way. Tomorrow is climbing. We enter Smokies National Park. It is the most visited park in the country. Extra rules.
 
Where my tent was.
The trail in the morning.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Yikes it looks cold! Not for me, but you are tougher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was worried about the tent. I was very happy to see it did it's job.

    ReplyDelete