Friday, March 25, 2016

Friday, Mar. 18, Day 8, Zero day, Franklin, NC. .2 miles from shelter to road.

I ended having a zero day that I wasn't planning on. In Hiawassee, GA they said they could ship a box to their Franklin Budget Inn. Sounded great. I figured I could hike a little today and then get their shuttle. They recommended picking it up at Rock Gap. It does show the Rock Gap is .2 miles from the Rock Gap Shelter. I still consider it a zero day.
 
The owner of the Hiawassee and Frankin Budget Inns, Ron, is a very nice guy. He drove the shuttle that picked us up, and then did a 4 pm shuttle around town. He ran for county commissioner, but lost. His wife was on the shuttle around town. They have 2 twin boys that are seniors in high school. The town is very friendly to thru hikers. I am finding that with the smaller towns.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment