Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Tue. Mar. 29, Day 19, Hot Springs, N.C., 18 miles, 5:30 hours, 3.27 mph, 273.7 hiked / 1,894.3 to go.

I saw two different families with cute little girl hikers today. The first one was being led by their 5 year old daughter with coat, ski type hat, and back pack CRYING while hiking. I talked with her. When asked if she was going to have a fun day she said yes. My guess was she was cold. The family had a 5 and 3 year old and was carrying a 5 1/2 month old. The parents had thru hiked the trail back in 09.
 
The other family was similar. When I talked with the 5 year old girl she proudly showed me her full colorful back pack. Both very cute.
 
Papa keeps thinking that I need my kids here so I could hitch them up like Santa hitched up his rein deer. Then you could pull me up these mountains like the rein deer pull Santa through the sky.
 
One of the many views of the trail.
 
 
Pop corn popping in Hot Springs, N.C.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Read your blog posts to the kids. They enjoy hearing about your adventures. They thought it was funny when you talked about them being like santas reindeer. Aiden said he would be willing to help pull you up the hills and give you some of his energy.

    ReplyDelete