Friday, March 25, 2016

Saturday, Mar. 19, Day 9, Wayah Shelter, 14.6 miles, 6:40 hours, 2.19 mph, 120.8 hiked / 2,047.2 to go.

Pretty good day. Had two long climbs, but they were not to steep, so I survived. They do not do switch backs here like in the west. They just head up the ridge. This makes for some very steep climbs. I am still trying to build up my lungs. Doing better, but they are tough.
 
 
 
WAYAH BALD
More great views
 
This morning for about 4 hours I was walking in the clouds. It wasn't raining. It was like being in the fog. It was cold. I was in the top of the mountains and the clouds were passing through. I was glad when about 1300 the clouds cleared.
 
I got into camp early. It allowed me to work on my blog.
 
My right heel is still hurting from my blister. I have a 2nd skin patch on it and have it taped up with athletic tape. It didn't come loose at all. I figure it will take a week got stop hurting.
 
I had phone reception at Wayah Shelter tonight. I made several phone calls. Linda, Tyler's family, Mark Oakes. I hope later in the week I do not wish I hadn't made them because my battery runs down to much.
Pretty cold. Tree next to Wayah Bald Tower. Note frost on branches, Also note no leaves yet.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment