Monday, April 15, 2019

Fri., April 12, 2019. Day 4/60. Paul C Wolfe Shelter. 37.9857N78.8839W. 12.3 miles. 7 hrs, 15 mins. 1.7 mph. 858.7 / 1,333.3 to go.

It rained all day. The poncho didn’t do much good. I was completely soaked when I got to the shelter. Fortunately it isn’t to cold, though I am shivering now that I am not hiking. No one else is at the shelter. I have changed out of my wet clothes, put on dry clean clothes, and have a jacket on. I will have a hot meal before bed. I have phone reception and will make some phone calls.

My left knee hurt all day. I have to do something.


I called Josh, Cambria, and Linda to consult with them about my knee. I decided to go off the trail for several days. 5 miles ahead I’d I-64. Waynesboro is about 5 miles away from the trail. There was a list of drivers at the shelter. I called and arranged for a driver tomorrow. After consulting I figured I would get a brace, get trekking poles, take Advelle, and start doing stretches. 

Pictures. 
1. Walking in the clouds, or fog.
2. An orange salamander right in the trail enjoying the rain. It didn’t move. I guess it is cold blood and doesn’t move when it is so cold. I could have easily picked it up.




No comments:

Post a Comment