Monday, April 15, 2019

Wed., April 10, 2019. Day 2/58. Tyler River, Route US 56. 37.838409N79.023293W.37. 11.3 miles. 7 hrs, 25 mins. 1.5 mph. 833.8 / 1,358.2 to go.

I slept 10 hours last night. I slept well. As usual I would wake ever hour or two, roll over, and go right back to sleep.

I made it fast on my first section with an easy trail and being fresh. Sky rock road, mileage 824.8. 2.3 miles from Seeley shelter. 52 mins. 2.6 mph. That is goof time for me.

I think this was the hardest hiking day I have ever had. I was going to do 20 miles. After about 2 hours my left knee started to really hurt whenever I bent it more than 10 degrees. It was extremely painful going down hill. Then after about 4 hours I lost all of my energy. I think it was from the knee and pushing to hard yesterday. I took an Adleve when I got to camp and will take one in the morning. No cramps today, except for in my hand while I am typing on my iPad.

Forced myself to eat last night and tonight. Reminded me when I forced Nathan to eat on a 50 mile hike when all he wanted to do was sleep. That is how I feel.
The iPad doesn’t work very well with the blogger. Therefore, I will list my pictures and you will have to count down to see which title goes with which picture.


  1. Sun rise from the shelter. Note no leaves yet.
  2. Swinging bring over Tyler River, VA.
  3. Great looking fly fishing stream.


No comments:

Post a Comment