Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Sat., April 27, 2019. Day 19/75. Snickers Gap, VA 7. Coxs picked me up. 39.1159N77.8524W. 14.4 miles. 7 hrs, 25 mins. 1.9 mph. 1,005.6 / 1,186.4 to go. Slack Packed.

A tough section of trail. After about 1 mile into the section there was a sign saying the section ahead was called the roller coaster. The next 12 miles plus were steep up and down, thus the name. I was slow. With a light pack I thought I would be faster, but it didn’t happen. It was a long tough day.

I passed the 1,000 mile point on the AT. I was excited. I couldn’t find any marker. There was a beautiful Dod Wood tree at the spot, so I took a picture of it. See below.

After my hike we drover over to the little city of Corner Bridge to buy some ice cream. Their bishop recommended it. It was soft ice cream and was good.

It has been very enjoyable to be with the Coxs. They are spoiling me. Sure beats food and accommodations on the trail.

Pictures:  

1 & 2. Coxs and me.
3 - 5. Trail pictures. Note how rocky. Very tough section.
6. Dogwood tree at the 1,000 mile mark of the AT.
7. Butterfly. I see other kinds but they fly to much for me to get a picture.
8. View to the west, where Coxs live.
9. Highway sign about the AT.


















No comments:

Post a Comment