Saturday, April 20, 2019

Wed., April 17, 2019. Day 9/65. Black Rock Shelter. 38.2145N78.7431W. 13.0 miles. 7 hrs, 15 mins. 1.8 mph. 884.4 / 1,294.4 to go.

Second day after resting for my left knee. I didn’t have any internal knee pain, but was sore at the end of the day. I believe the pain was because of the brace I wore. Tomorrow I am not going to use the brace.

I woke up at 6:05 this morning and was on the trail by 7:05. It made me feel good to get going so fast.

It was an easy and very enjoyable trail. Last week was not enjoyable, and I was wondering if I would want to hike the entire trail. I am glad to have found out that I just needed to get back into the grove.

The mosquitoes showed up. According to the other hikers there haven’t been any yet. I didn’t think there was any mosquitoes, but the next day I had 4 different bites. I didn’t think that they would bite me. WRONG. So, I will have to start using repellent.


I met Four Eyes at the shelter. She is the Ridge Runner. She maintains the trail. She is like a ranger. Her name some a hat that she had on her hike of the AT which had eyes on it. She recommended I use a knee band that she uses. I am going to get one to try it out. Here is a picture of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment