Monday, April 15, 2019

Sat., April 13, 2019. Day 5/61. Waynesboro, VA. 38.0321N75.8586W. 5.0 miles. 3 hrs, 00 mins. 1.7 mph. 863.6 / 1,328.4 to go.

I hiked to I-64 where I got ride into Waynesboro, Quality Inn. Taking a couple days off to see if my knee will do better. Got laundry done. All was wet from rain, felt good to do. My left knee hurt the entire time while hiking. Easy hike today, a little up, but mostly gradual change. Except for knee it was perfect, easy hiking conditions. The weather was also very nice. Scattered clouds, light breeze, and in the 60s.

I hate mice. Last I very carefully put all of my food in my food bag and hung it up. I forgot my trail mix in my backpack waste strap pouch. This morning I found a second hole in my pouch, a hole in the plastic bag, and all the trail mix gone. The same thing happened the last time I was on the trail. I know, it was my fault!!!

While hiking a found a grave sight for the Lowe family.. Then about 1/2 mile down the trail there was the remains of a home with only the stone fire chimney. This is 4 miles away from any city and in remote area. The home stead was not the same name as the graves. I can’t image how anyone would survive in the mountains. There were no fields, or level ground nearby. 

Pictures.
1. Gave sight.
2. Graves.
3. Headstone with Lowe on it.
4. Homestead.















No comments:

Post a Comment