Sunday, April 7, 2019

Wednesday, April 3, 2019. First weighting of my pack.

I finished packing my pack for the first time and weighing it. It weighed 26.8 pounds without water or food. The water will weigh 4.2 pounds. Food weighs 8.8 pounds. Making the total pack weight of 39.8 pounds. The pack was also to full. I had to work hard at getting it packed. I am going to look into compression bags to make more space. I also checked my own weight. I weigh 185 pounds. That means I will carry 21.5% of my body weight. My goal in backpacking is to have no one carry more than 25% of their body weight. So, I am good. I would have preferred to be closer to 35 pounds. This weight is at the beginning of a food week. At the end of the week after eating my food my pack will weigh about 32 pounds.


Speaking of my weight. I expect to weigh about 170 by the end of my hike.


No comments:

Post a Comment